Medicare Physicians Alert!
Were you successful in getting the 1% Medicare e Prescribing incentive money for 2011? Or were you one of the health care providers who are getting hit with the 1% e prescribing penalty because you didn’t e prescribe in 2011?
It’s 2012 and you now have the same opportunity and potential liability. There’s something called Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 (MIPPA). MIPPA is an electronic prescription drugs program alternately referred to as the Medicare eRx incentive program or Medicare e-prescribing incentive program.
Under MIPPA, Medicare health care providers could have received incentive payments for e prescribing in the 5 year period ending in 2013.
What’s the basic CMS Medicare e Prescribing requirements?
- 25 unique e prescribing events
- 10% total Medicare Part B with appropriate g-code G8553
- eligible patient visit procedure denominator codes:
How to report the eRx data?
You can report e prescribing data using one of three options:
1. Claims-based (CMS 1500) reporting of the eRx G-code G8553.
2. Registry-based reporting using a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) designated registry to submit 2011 data to CMS during the first quarter of 2012.
First of all you have to prescribe prescription drugs. Then you must fall into one of the following eligible professional categories
1. Medicare physicians
• Doctor of Medicine (MD)
• Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
• Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM)
• Doctor of Optometry
• Doctor of Oral Surgery
• Doctor of Dental Medicine
• Doctor of Chiropractic
• Physician Assistant (PA)
• Nurse Practitioner* (NP)
• Clinical Nurse Specialist*
• Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist* (and Anesthesiologist Assistant)
• Certified Nurse Midwife*
• Clinical Social Worker
• Clinical Psychologist
• Registered Dietician
• Nutrition Professional
*Includes Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
• Physical Therapist
• Occupational Therapist
• Qualified Speech-Language Therapist
There is no pre-registration required for the Medicare e-Prescribing program. But you must follow the rules to get your E Prescribing incentives.
I invite you to claim access to an informative
FREE Audio that will
OPEN YOUR EYES!
about Electronic Health Records
Is electronic health record adoption a mystery to you?
Don’t have the time or expertise?
Want to take advantage of EHR incentive money?
Then you need
NOBLE & ASSOCIATES CONSULTING, INC