Glossary of Health Care and Medical Terms
In many cases,
You can click on the healthcare related term below to get a more in-depth description of that glossary term. On the extended definition page, you will be shown the longer description, plus a list of articles related to that term or topic.
What is Heart Disease?
Heart Disease is called by many names and has a variety of manifestations, symptoms and treatment therapies.
Heart Disease is more correctly termed Cardiovascular Disease or Heart and blood vessel disease.
Types of heart disease include Congestive Heart Failure, Coronary Artery Disease, Enlarged Heart (Cardiomegaly), Heart Attack, Irregular Heart Rhythm (Arrhythmia), Heart Valve Disease, Sudden Cardiac Death, Congenital Heart Disease, Stroke ( ischemic stroke is the most common type), and many more
Heart Disease treatments and protocols include dietary adjustments, medications, heart valve surgery, pacemaker, cardiac defibrillation, coronary angioplasty, coronary artery bypass graft surgery or carotid endarterectomy
There is an alternative noninvasive, outpatient Heart Disease therapy treatment called External Counterpulsation or External Counter Pulsation (ECP).
- Heart Disease Prevention Healthy Heart Summit
- WHO is Celebrating World Health Organization Blood Donor Day?
- Do You Like Center for Disease Control (CDC) Hepatitis C Testing Proposal?
- Are You Entering The Blood Pressure Video Contest For Health Care Providers?
- Physicians Alert: Is The Cardiologist Lying About Heart Bypass Surgery?
- What Valentine Gifts Can Physicians Give To Heart Disease Patients?
- Are you ready for the Christmas and New Years Heart Attack Patients?
Also see: Cardiovascular Disease