Glossary of Health Care and Medical Terms
In many cases,
You can click on the healthcare related term below to get a more in-depth description of that glossary term. On the extended definition page, you will be shown the longer description, plus a list of articles related to that term or topic.
Health Information Technology
The HITECH Act / Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act passed in 2009 as part of ARRA, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. The HITECH Act mandated electronic health record adoption by 2014.
The HITECH Act authorizes a Health Information Technology Extension Program. The extension program consists of Health Information Technology Regional Extension Centers (RECs) and a national Health Information Technology Research Center (HITRC).
HITECH Act information can be found in the HIT provisions of the Recovery Act are found primarily in Title XIII, Division A, Health Information Technology, and in Title IV of Division B, Medicare and Medicaid Health Information Technology.
Enter your name, email and phone number below to get more information about the HITECH Act and Electronic Health Record adoption.
- Can Abortion Be Limited By Regulating Medical Practice?
- Heart Disease Prevention Healthy Heart Summit
- Is Healthcare IT / Medical Device Conference On Your Schedule?
- Do You Have Prescription Drugs Laying Around Your House?
- Is Health Care Legislation The Only Reason For Electronic Medical Records?
- Will healthcare Insurance Reimburse For Halloween Pumpkin Birth?
- Is Obamacare Shutdown In The Future For Your Medical Practice?
- Are Obamacare Health Care Reform Act Facts A Mystery to You?
- Will Immigration Bill Mean A Healthier Prognosis For Obamacare?
- Know A Dentist Who Wants To Increase Revenue And Save Money?
- What’s The NFL Football News About Electronic Medical Records?
- Why HIPAA Laws and HITECH Act Meaningful Use Documentation Is Important?
- Can HIPAA Laws and HITECH Act Meaningful Use Be Helped By Hurricane Sandy?
- E Prescribing: Will You Avoid Medicare E Prescribing Penalty Payment Adjustments?
- E Prescribing: Do You Qualify For Medicare E Prescribing Incentive Money?
- Will You Beat the HITECH Act CMS Medicare Meaningful Use Deadline?
- Are You Meeting CMS Medicare Deadlines For HITECH Act EHR Incentive Program?
- Does The Health Care Reform Act Ruling Hamper 4th of July Freedom Celebrations?
- WHO is Celebrating World Health Organization Blood Donor Day?
- EMR Software: What’s The Wisdom On EMR Software Implementation Success? More..
Health Information Technology Policy Council
Health Information Technology Resource Center also known as the AHRQ National Resource Center for Health Information Technology (the National Resource Center), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. HITRC is part of the Health Information Technology Extension Program authorized by the HITECH Act. HITRC will gather information on effective practices and help the RECs work with one another and with relevant stakeholders to identify and share best practices in EHR adoption, meaningful use, and provider support. RECs providing outreach and education and technical asistance.
Also see: AHRQ National Resource Center for Health Information Technology, Health Information Technology Extension Program
Health Information Technology Standards Panel