Glossary of Health Care and Medical Terms
In many cases,
You can click on the healthcare related term below to get a more in-depth description of that glossary term. On the extended definition page, you will be shown the longer description, plus a list of articles related to that term or topic.
Eligible Professional (EP) is a physician that qualifies for the HITECH Act EHR incentive program. Why is this important?
You know you need to automate your medical records, but are concerned about the time and expense for doing so.
The bad news is that the HITECH Act has already mandated that Medicare and Medicaid physicians must transition to electronic medical records / EMR software.
The good news is that the HITECH Act, which is part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) has received funding to pay incentives to physicians.
An Eligible Professional (EP) can receive up to $63,750 in payments from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for adopting electronic health record technology.
Who qualifies as an Eligible Professional?
Medicare qualified Eligible Professional:
- Doctors of Medicine or Osteopathy
- Doctors of Dental Surgery or Dental Medicine
- Doctors of Podiatric Medicine
- Doctors of Optometry
Medicaid qualified Eligible Professional:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Nurse - Midwife
- Physicians Assistants who practice in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or Rural Health Center (RHC) that is led by a Physician Assistant.
Additionally, Medicaid EPs must also:
- Have a minimum of 30% Medicaid patient volume (20% minimum for pediatricians), OR
- Practice predominantly in a FQHC or RHC and have at least 30% patient volume to needy individuals.
If you're an Eligible Professional, I invite you to claim access to an informative
FREE Audio that will
OPEN YOUR EYES!
about Electronic Health Records
Is electronic health record adoption a mystery to you?
Don’t have the time or expertise?
Want to take advantage of EHR incentive money?
Then you need
EHR / EMR Software, HITECH Act, and Meaningful Use assistance!
NOBLE & ASSOCIATES CONSULTING, INC
Also see: Eligible Provider, EP