Glossary of Health Care and Medical Terms
In many cases,
You can click on the healthcare related term below to get a more in-depth description of that glossary term. On the extended definition page, you will be shown the longer description, plus a list of articles related to that term or topic.
Electronic Prescribing or e-prescribing is an electronic prescription and medication system. It is the secure real-time electronic delivery to providers and pharmacists of patient specific information. The HITECH Act of 2009 included e-prescribing in its definition of meaningful use criteria to qualify for incentive money. E-prescribing systems can include some or all of the following: electronic order entry for medications; clinical decision support such as guidelines on appropriate choice of drugs and alerts for drug interactions; formularies, and transmission to the patient
- E Prescribing: Will You Avoid Medicare E Prescribing Penalty Payment Adjustments?
- E Prescribing: Do You Qualify For Medicare E Prescribing Incentive Money?
- Should Health Care Providers Get EHR Software in 2011?
- How Can Medicare Physicians Get MIPPA e-Prescribing Incentive Payments?
- MIPPA e-Prescribing Incentive Program: How to Avoid Medicare 2011 eRx Penalty?
- Could an Electronic Health Record System Have Saved Michael Jackson?
- Electronic Prescriptions: Is Medicare Slapping You With An E-Prescribing Penalty?
Also see: Electronic Prescribing, Electronic Prescription